Story: Although the English king tried to wrest it away, the Highland Targe—ancient relic and protector of Scottish lands—still lies safely in the hands of clan MacAlpin. But for how long?
Jeanette MacAlpin trained her entire life to become the next Guardian of the Targe, but that duty has now fallen to her cousin Rowan—a duty Rowan can’t seem to master. Fearful for her clan’s future, Jeanette seeks the solace of a sacred wellspring, and there encounters tawny-skinned Highland warrior Malcolm MacKenzie.
Wounded in battle, Malcolm is desperate to regain the use of his sword arm and strikes a deal with Jeanette. In return for her skills as a healer, Malcolm will advise the MacAlpins in their resistance against the English. And when he can once again swing a blade, he’ll return to the ranks of the Scottish army to fulfill his duty as a soldier.
But as passion grows between the golden warrior and the fair-haired healer, duty collides with love. Will they follow their hearts, or will clan loyalties keep them forever apart?
Pre-Order Today at AMAZON | Barnes and Noble
Add to your Goodreads Shelves today!
Highlander Avenged is the second book in Laurin Wittig’s Guardians of the Targe series. You can read or learn more about book 1, Highlander Betrayed at Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble
About the Author: Laurin Wittig was indoctrinated into her Scottish heritage at birth when her parents chose her oddly spelled name from a plethora of Scottish family names. At ten, Laurin attended her first MacGregor clan gathering with her grandparents, and her first ceilidh (kay-lee), a Scottish party, where she danced to the bagpipes with the hereditary chieftain of the clan. At eleven, she visited Scotland for the first time and it has inhabited her imagination ever since.
Laurin writes bestselling and award-winning Scottish medieval romances and lives in southeastern Virginia. In 2014 she has two new books coming out. Highlander Avenged, book II in the Guardians of the Targe trilogy, releases on June 24th, and her first novella appears in The Winter Stone anthology, with fellow authors Tanya Anne Crosby and Glynnis Campbell. It releases April 21st. Both are available for preorder now.
Get to know Laurin. Here are some fun facts about her.
1. Laurin is named after her great uncle, Lauch MacLaurin Magruder (can you say Scottish heritage?)
2. Laurin once lived on the palace grounds of the Moroccan King in Rabat, Morocco.
3. Laurin is an only child, but she was raised with her uncle, who she has always considered her brother, and who is also her 6th cousin. Laurin’s children refer to him as her Cobruncle (cousin-brother-uncle). Laurin just calls him Gordon.
4. Laurin was once invited to make her debut at the Delta Debutante Ball in Mississippi. She declined, even though her mother and all of her mother’s sisters had made their debuts at that same ball.
5. When asked where she grew up, Laurin always finds it hard to answer easily. Between the ages of 0 and 17 she lived in Mississippi twice and the Washington, DC area twice. She can easily slip into her deep south accent even though she hasn’t lived there in a long time.
March 21 http://www.vivianaenchantressofbooks.com/
March 22 http://www.urbangirlreader.com
March 23 https://eileendandashi.wordpress.com
March 24 http://mikethefanboy.com
March 25 http://www.gotfiction.com
March 26 http://doingsomereading.wordpress.com
March 27 http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/
Rafflecopter Giveaway Code
a Rafflecopter giveaway